Underline denotes student author(s) | Asterisk* denotes corresponding author(s)
- Chan NY, Lam SP, Zhang J, Chan JW, Yu MM, Suh S, Yang CM, Okajima I, Li AM, Wing YK, Li SX*. Efficacy of Email-delivered Versus Face-to-face Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia in Youths: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2022 Feb 4. doi:10.1016/j.
- Cheung FTW, Ho AW, Chan JW, Li X, Chan NY, Zhang J, Ho CS, Wing YK, Li SX*. Validation of the Chinese version of the Munich Chronotype Questionnaire (MCTQHK) in Hong Kong Chinese youths. Chronobiology International. 2022 Jan 27:1-2. doi:10.1080/07420528.2022.2025821. [IF: 2.877 in 2020; rank 34/93 in Biology].
- Li X, Shea KSC, Chiu WB, Lau FLF, Wong CKD, Yu MWM, Li AM, Wing YK, Lai YCK, Li SX*. The association of insomnia with daytime behaviour and cognitive functioning in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. 2022 [In press].
- Wu M, Li SX, Xue P, Zhou J, Tang X. COVID-19 Vaccine Could Trigger the Relapse of Secondary Hypersomnia. Nature and Science of Sleep. 2021;13:2267. [IF: 5.346 in 2020; rank 40/208 in Clinical Neurology].
- Chan NY, Au CT, Li SX, Wing YK. Sleep complaints among school children. Sleep Medicine Clinics, 2022; 17:53-65. doi: 10.1016/j.jsmc.2021.10.003.
- Nam H, Chang J, Trockel M, Okajima I, Yang CM, Chan NY, Li SX*, Suh S. Predictors of dropout in university students participating in an 8-week e-mail-based cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia intervention. Sleep and Breathing. 2022 Apr 12:1-9. doi: 10.1007/s11325-022-02609-y.
- Ubara A, Tanizawa N, Harata M, Suh S, Yang CM, Li SX, Okajima I. How Does E-mail-Delivered Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Work for Young Adults (18–28 Years) with Insomnia? Mediators of Changes in Insomnia, Depression, Anxiety, and Stress. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2022 Apr 7;19(8):4423. doi: 10.3390/ijerph19084423.
- Chan NY, Li SX, Zhang J, Lam SP, Kwok APL, Yu MWM, Chan JWY, Li AM, Morin CM, Wing YK. A brief cognitive behavioural prevention program for insomnia in at-risk adolescents: A randomzed controlled trial. Pediatrics. 2021 Mar 1;147(3). doi:10.1542/peds.2020-006833 [IF: 7.125 in 2020; rank 4/129 in Pediatrics; Joint CUHK-HKU-UL Press Conference on 04/03/2021].
- Sun W, Ting Kwok NT, Chan NY, Yan Chan JW, Zhang J, Ching-Ching Chan K, Li SX*. Associations of circadian factors with insomnia symptoms and emotional and behavioral problems among school-age children. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. 2021 May 19:jcsm-9346. doi:10.5664/jcsm.9346 [IF: 4.062 in 2020; rank 69/208 in Clinical Neurology]
- Ling J, Lin X, Li X, Chan NY, Zhang J, Wing YK, Hu X*, Li SX*. Altered brain activity related to inhibitory processing in youth with insomnia. Journal of Sleep Research. 2021 Jun 16:e13398. doi:10.1111/jsr.13398 [IF: 4.062 in 2020; rank 69/208 in Clinical Neurology].
- Ling J, Lin X, Li X, Chan NY, Zhang J, Wing YK, Hu X, Li SX*. Neural response to rewards in youths with insomnia. Sleep. 2021; 45(2): zsab238. doi:10.1093/sleep/
zsab238 [IF: 5.849 in 2020; rank 32/208 in Clinical Neurology]
- Tang JY, Luo H, Tse M, Lum TY, Wong GH, Li SX*. The relationship between insomnia symptoms and frailty in community-dwelling older persons: A path analysis. Sleep Medicine. 2021 Jun 8. doi:10.1016/j.sleep.2021.05.039 [IF: 3.492 in 2020; rank 72/255 in Clinical Neurology; Web of Science citation = 14].
- Chan NY, Chan JW, Li SX*, Wing YK. Non-pharmacological approaches for management of insomnia. Neurotherapeutics. 2021 Apr 5:1-2. doi:10.1007/s13311-021-01029-2 [IF: 7.620 in 2020; rank 17/208, Q1 in Clinical Neurology; rank 17/276 in Pharmacology & Pharmacy].
- Lei B, Zhang J, Chen S, Chen J, Yang L, Ai S, Chan NY, Wang J, Dai XJ, Feng H, Liu Y, Li SX, Jai F, Wing YK. Associations of sleep phenotypes with severe intentional self-harm: a prospective analysis of the UK Biobank cohort. Sleep. 2021 Feb 26. doi:10.1093/sleep/zsab053 [IF: 5.849 in 2020; rank 33/208 in Clinical Neurology].
- Chan NY, Li SX, Wing YK. Are adolescents sleeping less and worse than before?. The Lancet Regional Health–Western Pacific. 2021 Jun 1;11. doi: 10.1016/j.lanwpc.2021.100167
- Chan JWY, Chan NY, Li SX, Lam SP, Chau SWH, Liu Y, Zhang J, Wing YK. Change in circadian preference predicts sustained treatment outcomes in patients with unipolar depression and evening preference. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. 2021
- Leung PWS, Wong WCW, Li SX, Tsang C, Chow BLC. Effectiveness of using mobile technology in improving cognitive and social skills amongst individuals with autism spectrum disorder: Systematic literature review. JMIR Mental Health. 2021;8(9): e20892. doi: 10.2196/20892. [IF: 4.388 in 2020; rank 49/156 in Clinical Neurology].
- Chen SJ, Zhang JH, Li SX, Tsang CC, Chan KC, Au CT, Li AM, Kong AP, Wing YK, Chan NY. The trajectories and associations of eveningness and insomnia with daytime sleepiness, depression and suicidal ideation in adolescents: A 3-year longitudinal study. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2021 Nov 1;294:533-42. doi:10.1016/j.jad.2021.07.033 [IF: 4.839 in 2020; rank 25/144 in Psychiatry].
- Tsang KKY, Shum KK, Chan WWL, Li SX, Kwan HW, Su MR, Wong BPH, Lam S. Effectiveness and mechanisms of mindfulness training for school teachers in difficult times: A randomized controlled trial. Mindfulness;12:2820-2831. doi: 10.1007/s12671-021-01750-1. [IF: 4.684 in 2020; rank 23/130, Q1 in Psychology, Clinical; rank 29/144 in Psychiatry].
- Wu M, Ren J, Li SX, Xue P, Su C, Zhou J. Management of narcolepsy during COVID-19: a challenge or an opportunity?. Sleep. 2021;44(2):zsaa273. doi:10.1093/sleep/zsaa273 [IF: 5.849 in 2020; rank 33/208 in Clinical Neurology].
- Wang J, Chau SW, Lam SP, Liu Y, Zhang J, Chan NY, Cheung MM, Yu MW, Tsang JC, Chan JW, Huang B, Li SX, Mok V, Wing YK. Prevalence and correlates of REM sleep behaviour disorder in patients with major depressive disorder: a two-phase study. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry. 2021 Nov 11;0:1-8. doi:10.1136/jnnp-2021-327460 [IF: 10.283 in 2020; rank 8/156 in Psychiatry, rank 3/211 in Surgery].
- Okajima I, Tanizawa N, Harata M, Suh S, Yang CM, Li SX, Trockel MT. Can an e-mail-delivered CBT for insomnia validated in the West be effective in the East? A randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2021 Dec 24;19(1):186. doi:10.3390/ijerph19010186. [IF: 3.390 in 2020; rank 42/176 in Public, environmental & occupational health].
- Ling J, Sun W, Chan NY, Zhang J, Lam SP, Li AM, Chan JW, Kyle SD, Li SX*. Effects of insomnia symptoms and objective short sleep duration on memory performance in youths. Journal of Sleep Research. 2020 May 12:e13049. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/jsr.13049
- Chan NY, Zhang J, Tsang CC, Li AM, Chan JW, Wing YK*, Li SX*. The Associations of Insomnia Symptoms and Chronotype with Daytime Sleepiness, Mood Symptoms and Suicide Risk in Adolescents. Sleep Medicine. 2020 Jun 3. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sleep.2020.05.035
- Chan JWY, Lam SP, Li SX, Chau SWH, Chan SY, Chan NY, Zhang JH, Wing YK. Adjunctive bright light treatment with gradual advance in unipolar major depressive disorder with evening chronotype – A randomized controlled trial. Psychological Medicine. 2020 Sep 14. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291720003232
- Zeng S, Lau EYY, Li SX, Hu X. Sleep differentially impacts involuntary intrusions and voluntary recognitions of lab-analogue traumatic memories. Journal of Sleep Research. 2020 Oct 26. https://doi.org/10.1111/jsr.13208
- Liu L, Xue P, Li SX, Zhang J, Zhou J, Zhang W. Urban-rural disparities in mental health problems related to COVID-19 in China. General Hospital Psychiatry. 2020 Aug 02. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2020.07.011
- Wang J, Liu Y, Chau SWH, Zhang J, Tsang J, Yu MWM, Chan NY, Chan JWY, Li SX, Huang B, Feng H, Mok V, Wing YK. Residual injurious symptoms and its association with neurodegenerative outcomes in idiopathic REM sleep behaviour disorder: a retrospective, longitudinal study. Movement Disorders. 2020 Aug 03. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/mds.28210
- Feng H, Chen L, Liu Y, Chen X, Wang J, Yu MWM, Huang B, Li SX, Chau SWH, Chan JWY, Chen J, Mok VCT, Wing YK, Zhang J. Rest-activity pattern alternations in idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorder. Annals of Neurology. 2020 Jul 20;88(4):817-829. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.25853
- Xing X, Xue P, Li SX, Zhou J*, Tang X. Sleep disturbance is associated with an increased risk of menstrual problems in female Chinese university students. Sleep & Breathing. 2020 May 23. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11325-020-02105-1
- Liu Y, Zhang J, Li SX, Chan NY, Yu MW, Lam SP, Chan JW, Li AM, Wing YK. Excessive daytime sleepiness among children and adolescents: prevalence, correlates, and pubertal effects. Sleep medicine. 2019 Jan 1;53:1-8.
- Liu Y, Zhang J, Lam SP, Yu MW, Li SX, Zhou J, Chan NY, Wang J, Feng H, Chan A, Mok V. Electromyography activity level in rapid eye movement sleep predicts neurodegenerative diseases in idiopathic rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder: a 5-year longitudinal study. Sleep medicine. 2019 Apr 1;56:128-34.
- Sun W, Ling J, Zhu X, Lee TM, Li SX*. Associations of Weekday-to-Weekend Sleep Differences with Academic Performance and Health-Related Outcomes in School-age Children and Youths. Sleep Medicine Reviews. 2019 Apr 8.
- Liu Y, Zhang J, Lam SP, Zhou J, Yu MW, Li SX, Chan JW, Postuma RB, Mok VC, Wing YK. A case–control–family study of idiopathic rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder. Annals of neurology. 2019 Apr;85(4):582-92.
- Wang G, Zhang J, Lam SP, Li SX, Jiang Y, Sun W, Chan NY, Kong AP, Zhang Y, Li S, Li AM. Ten-year secular trends in sleep/wake patterns in Shanghai and Hong Kong school-aged children: a tale of two cities. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. 2019 Oct 15;15(10):1495-502.
- Yang Y, Luo X, Paudel D, Zhang J, Li SX, Zhang B. Effects of e-aid cognitive behavioural therapy for insomnia (eCBTI) to prevent the transition from episodic insomnia to persistent insomnia: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ open. 2019 Nov 1;9(11).
- Li SX*, Chan NY, Yu MWM, Lam SP, Zhang J, Chan JWY, Li AM, Wing YK*. Eveningness chronotype, insomnia symptoms and emotional and behavioural problems in adolescents. Sleep medicine. 2018 Jul 1;47:93-9.
- Sun W, Li SX*, Wang G, Dong S, Jiang Y, Spruyt K, Ling J, Zhu Q, Lee TMC*, Jiang F*. Association of sleep and circadian activity rhythm with emotional face processing among 12-month-old infants. Scientific Reports. 2018;8(1):3200. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-21448-0.
- Sun W, Li SX*, Jiang Y, Xu X, Spruty K, Zhu Q, Tseng C, Jiang F*. A community-based study of sleep and cognitive development in infants and toddlers. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. 2018 Jun 15;14(06):977-84.
- Zhang J*, Lam SP, Li SX, Liu Y, Chan JWY, Chan MHM, Ho CS, Li AM, Wing YK. Parental history of depression and higher basal salivary cortisol in unaffected child and adolescent offspring. Journal of affective disorders. 2018 Jul 1;234:207-13.
- Zhou J, Zhang J, Lam SP, Chan JW, Mok V, Chan A, Li SX, Liu Y, Tang X, Yung WH, Wing YK*. Excessive daytime sleepiness predicts neurodegeneration in idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorder. Sleep. 2017 Mar 16;40(5):zsx041.
- Zhang J, Liu Y, Lam SP, Li SX, Li AM, Wing YK*. Relationship between insomnia and quality of life: Mediating effects of psychological and somatic symptomatologies. Heart and Mind. 2017 Jan 1;1(1):50.
- Chan NY, Zhang J, Yu MW, Lam SP, Li SX, Kong AP, Li AM, Wing YK*. Impact of a modest delay in school start time in Hong Kong school adolescents. Sleep medicine. 2017 Feb 1;30:164-70.
- Zhang J, Li SX, Lam SP, Wing YK*. REM sleep behavior disorder and obstructive sleep apnea: does one “evil” make the other less or more “evil”?. Sleep medicine. 2017 Sep 1;37:216-7.
- Chan JW, Li SX, Lam SP, Zhang J, Wing YK*. Association of eveningness with nonremission in major depressive disorder: Reply to Knapen et al. Sleep. 2017 Jun 1;40(6).
- Chan NY, Lam SP, Zhang J, Yu MWM, Li SX, Li AM, Wing YK. Sleep education in Hong Kong. Sleep and Biological Rhythms. 2016 Jan;14(1):21-25.
- Zhang J, Lam S, Kong APS, Ma RCW, Li SX, Chan WY, Yu MWM, Zhou J, Chan MHM, Ho C, Li AM, Tang X, Wing YK. Family conflict and lower morning cortisol in adolescents and adults: modulation of puberty. Scientific Reports 2016 Mar;6:22531.
- Li SX, Lam SP, Zhang J, Yu MWM, Chan JWY, Liu Y, Lam VKH, Ho CKW, Zhou J, Wing YK. A prospective, naturalistic follow-up study of treatment outcomes with clonazepam in rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder. Sleep Medicine. 2016 May;21:114-120.
- Liu Y, Zhang J, Lam SP, Yu MWM, Li SX, Zhou J, Chan JWY, Chan NY, Li AM, Wing YK. Help-seeking behaviors for insomnia in Hong Kong Chinese: a community-based study. Sleep Medicine. 2016 May;21:106-113.
- Li SX, Lam SP, Zhang J, Yu MWM, Chan JWY, Chan CSY, Espie CA, Freeman D, Mason O, Wing YK. Sleep disturbances and suicide risk in an 8-year longitudinal study of schizophrenia-spectrum disorders. Sleep. 2016 Jun 2;39(6):1275-1282.
- Zhang J, Chan NY, Lam SP, Li SX, Liu Y, Chan JWY, Kong APS, Ma RCW, Chan KCC, Li AM, Wing, YK. Emergence of sex differences in insomnia symptoms in adolescents: a large-scale school-based study. Sleep. 2016 Aug;39(8):1563-70.
- Zhou J, Zhang J, Lam SP, Mok V, Chan A, Li SX, Liu Y, Tang X, Yung WH, Wing YK. Mortality and its risk factors in patients with rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder. Sleep. 2016 Aug;39(8):1543-50.
- Lam SP, Zhang J, Li XS, Wing YK. RBD, Antidepressant Medications, and Psychiatric Disorders. In: Schenck CH, Högl B, Videnovic A, editors. Rapid-eye-movement sleep behaviour disorder. Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, part of Springer Nature; 2018. p.123-134.
- Li XS, Lam SP, Zhang J, Wing YK. Instruments for screening, diagnosis and assessment of RBD severity and monitoring treatment outcome. In: C.H. Schenck, B. Högl, & A. Videnovic, editors. Rapid-eye-movement sleep behaviour disorder. Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, part of Springer Nature; 2018. p.255-269.
Please click HERE to see all publications.